Along with being the author of the book “Mai-Kai: History & mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant and forthcoming “Searching for Don the Beachcomber”,” Tim “Swanky” Glazner is co-founder and organizer of the Hukilau, the second largest and second oldest Tiki event in the world. He is associate producer of the documentary film about Donn’s like “The Donn of Tiki” to be released in early 2024. He created the first Tiki carving seminar “Coon Tiki” located in the Smoky Mountains. He is an expert in Tiki drinks and the creator of the Grogalizer, a popular Tiki cocktail website/app which helps people make recipes from various books. He has produced a line of Tiki mugs under license with the Mai-Kai, and he is the official historian of the Mai-Kai.
He is an avid fan of Midcentury culture and Tiki is a big part of that passion.
- January 19th – Inuhele – Don the Beachcomber Meet and Greet event with Marie King
- Jan-Feb – Opening of Don the Beachcomber Madeira Beach, FL
- April 5th – Tiki-A-Go-Go Orlando FL – Presentations on the Mai-Kai and Don the Beachcomber
- Swanky’s NPR interview about the Mai-Kai
- Swanky appears in and helped with this PBS documentary about Tiki
- Swanky in a TV show about Southern Tiki Bars